General Frequently Asked Questions

How can I learn more about Value Added Tax (VAT)?

Click here to find out more: VAT Customer FAQs

How can I buy insurance from Zurich in the Middle East?

Motor, home, travel and accident & health insurance fall under Zurich’s General Insurance business. Zurich stopped accepting new applications for its general insurance business products in the Middle East on November 30, 2015. Customers who still hold a valid motor, home, travel or Accident & Health policy will continue to receive the support and maintenance from Zurich until the policy itself expires.

How do I make a claim?

You can make a claim by phone, by mail or by email - simply click here to visit our contact us page to get started

What methods of payment do you accept?

We can accept premium payments in the following three formats:

  • Credit card

  • Cheques in local currency

  • Bank standing order

I have lost my policy documents, what do I need to do?

You can request a new set of policy documents by downloading and completing the Lost Policy Declaration Form and send it to us at as a scanned document. If you are in Bahrain or Qatar you can still use the email address. Please ensure you send it to us from your own registered email address so we can cross reference.

What happens if I miss a premium payment?

We understand that there may be situations where regular premium payments are missed. Therefore, for some products, we allow up to 90 days for payments to resume. After this 90 day period is over the policy status will change.

Can I increase or decrease my cover whenever I want to?


Futura allows you to increase or decrease your cover any time (subject to underwriting) to increase your cover download and complete the benefit increase form. To decrease your cover, download and complete the benefit decrease form. Completed forms from the UAE, Bahrain or Qatar should be sent to as a scanned document. Please ensure you send it to us from your registered email address.

International Term Assurance (ITA)

If you hold an ITA policy, an increase or decrease to your cover can only be made each policy anniversary.

International Decreasing Term Assurance (IDTA)

If you hold an IDTA policy, it is not possible to increase or decrease the cover within that policy. Additional or supplemental policies may be taken at any time however.

Can I take a premium holiday?

Yes, premium holidays can be requested for some products by downloading and completing the Premium holiday request form.

Send the completed form to (for UAE, Bahrain and Qatar requests) as a scanned document. Please ensure you send it to us from your registered email address for cross reference purposes.

It is important to note that premium holiday will be subject to account value sustainability of your plan.

How can I register for online services?

Go to the Zurich International Online page, click the link and then follow the instructions to register found under ‘new user’

Can I stop paying multiple policies on one credit card?

Our system cannot select which policy is linked to the credit card, but if you wish, we can put the credit card on hold for all policies linked to it, which means there will be no premium collections on any of the policies.

Alternatively, you can:

  • use a different credit card to pay for the policy – so it's no longer linked to the current credit card

  • change the way you pay (for example, by cheque) – on the policy you don't want linked to the current credit card

How do I surrender my policy?

You can surrender your policy (in part or in full) by downloading and completing the Withdrawal and Surrender form. Submit the form along with proof of ID, proof of address and the original policy documents (these only need to be submitted for a full surrender request). The process usually takes 5-8 working days. For help completing the form, download the Withdrawal and Surrender Guide.