We provide a broad range of risk solutions, risk engineering and claims support for utility customers worldwide. Zurich is a global leader in the power generation segment with property and casualty underwriting teams averaging more than 20 years of experience.
Our Risk Engineers have experience in the power generation field and can provide industry-gained insight into the problems you face now and in the future. Because every customer’s risk profile is different, we have structured our risk engineering services around several specialized areas designed to address those individual needs.
Some of the key products and features we offer the power generation and utilities industry are:
- first-party property insurance
- machinery breakdown
- time element coverage
- Primary General Liability and Umbrella Liability
- a single point of contact for all underwriting needs and a claims service account executive to coordinate our claims service
- broad policy coverage, including property damage and boiler and machinery
- business interruption and contingent business interruption.
We offer property and casualty solutions for companies in the following utility segments:
- Power generation utilities
- Independent power producers
- Integrated water and power production
- Desalination facilities
We can offer up to USD 250 million of locally controlled capacity.
We offer our energy customers access to our 800 risk engineering specialists across the globe. They are able to provide benchmarking, risk engineering advice and both a local and global service.
These industry veterans can work with you to evaluate exposures, identify loss scenarios and assess safety-related communications.
Claims are handled by specialists who are intimately familiar with the unique issues involved in energy-related losses. Our dedicated claims team effectively addresses both pre-loss planning and post-loss assessment.
Our broad network helps to ensure the local representation and service that you require.
For more information on our Power Company Insurance , please contact your broker or a Zurich representative on GCIMEenquires@zurich.com.